Contribute to the development of new (intra-city) electric mobility solutions in Belgium.
Zen Car, the leader in electric car sharing in Belgium, has developed a large fleet of electric vehicles and a network of terminals for the general public (B2C) and businesses (B2B).
Based on the company’s four years of experience, the new management of Zen Car has established an ambitious new expansion plan. This is why the company’s capital was increased by 1,580,000 EUR by the existing shareholders and with new strategic investors in July 2015. As this is a project of social importance, all the parties concerned wanted to involve the general public in this innovative project by allowing you to invest now in the mobility of tomorrow.
There are three major problems that result from the extensive use of cars in a city like Brussels:
First of all, transport represents 13% of CO2 emissions worldwide.* The effects of this pollution are more severe when there is a high concentration of vehicles in circulation, as is the case in cities.
*[Source: UNEP, The Emissions Gap Report 2012]
At present, the Belgian automotive fleet consists almost exclusively of thermal vehicles. The electric vehicle remains marginal.
However, thermal vehicles are noisy and result in substantial noise pollution in the city.
Isn’t Brussels quieter on car-free days?
2. Traffic jams
Belgium is located at the top of the ranking of the most congested countries in Europe and North America. The cities of Brussels and Antwerp are ranked above the cities of New York, Paris and London in terms of congestion.
Like all major European cities, Brussels is seeing the number of vehicles in circulation increase while parking places remain limited. It is becoming difficult and expensive to park one’s car on the public streets in Brussels.
Zen Car has developed a solution that contributes to the integrated mobility of tomorrow.
The solution consists of an ELECTRIC CAR SHARING SERVICE and A NETWORK OF CHARGING TERMINALS.
The principle is simple:
The user joins free of charge online and receives his Zen Car card.
He reserves his car and returns it (after use) to the departure station (this is to be changed; he should be able to drop off his car at the station of his choice).
He has a car only when he needs one, starting at 6€/hour. Zen Car is a guarantee of having a vehicle available at any time, for the period of one’s choice.
Even better, the user pays only for rental and Zen Car takes care of the rest:
- Free parking: every Zen Car vehicle is equipped with an Interparking card that allows it to take advantage of free parking.
- Always a parking place available: Zen Car street parking places are reserved exclusively for Zen Car members.
- Unlimited mileage: mileage is unlimited within the charging range of the batteries.
- Insurance, maintenance, cleaning: all these items are taken care of by Zen Car.
Zen Car is :
- An easy way to reduce the budget for a car, estimated at +/- 4.500 EUR/yr (depreciation, insurance, repairs, petrol, etc);
- The simple solution for getting around in the city;
- The ideal supplement to public transport;
- A good way to give our city a breath of fresh air by driving an electric vehicle.
(1) THE CAR FLEET
Zen Car has opted for a varied fleet of vehicles. This fleet is suited to a B2C and B2B clientèle.
To date, it consists of 48 vehicles divided into various categories (Premium, Classic, Fun and Utility).
The choice of two-seat and four-seat vehicles was made to offer vehicles suitable for all the uses of Zen Car members.
2) THE NETWORK OF TERMINALS
In the context of its B2C activity, Zen Car has developed a network of 27 stations in Brussels.
Each station has at least two plugs and two free parking places.
Zen Car has already received the authorisations to install five new stations and approximately 70 other locations are in the process of validation with the various competent authorities.
In the Brussels-Capital region, all operators wishing to offer a mobility solution in the form of car sharing must be authorized car sharing operators.
To date, Zen Car is the only authorized electric car sharing operator in Brussels.
This authorization is a major barrier to entry, and allows Zen Car to develop its network of electric stations. The company has a strategic advantage compared to the competition.
In the framework of its activities, Zen Car has concluded many contracts with its suppliers (car manufacturers, in-car technology, insurance, website, etc.), with its partners (Interparking, Redevco, etc.) and with its (B2B) clients.
The Marketing strategy varies depending on the type of user:
1. B2C Marketing Strategy: improve the visual identity around the stations, standardized colors for the cars and commercial documents, events, loyalty programs, outsourced customer service (free telephone number), Google AdWords and Remarketing campaign.
2. B2B Strategy: Prospecting and relations with businesses and public bodies, implementation of CRM, creation of synergies with new partners to offer a solution appropriate to their needs.
1. B2C: Access to cars is through the network of stations. The stations are on public roads.
2. B2B2C: Make cars available through a network of stations installed by private Zen Car partners such as Interparking or Redevco Carrefour (B2B2C).
3. B2B2C: Prospecting and installation of Zen Car mobility solutions with residential property managers. Car shared between the residents of a building (and/or) group of buildings.
4. B2B: Prospecting and installation of Zen Car mobility solutions with business and public-body clients.
5. B2B2B: Prospecting and installation of Zen Car mobility solutions with managers of office buildings such as Cofinimmo, who offer an integrated mobility solution to the businesses renting space. Cars shared between several businesses in the same building.
In the short term, Zen Car will concentrate its efforts on the development of its fleet and its network of stations in Brussels.
In the medium term, other Belgian cities will also be equipped.
Zen Car has developed numerous partnerships for the development of its activities. All the partnerships enable Zen Car to respond better to its users requirements by supplying them with quality solutions.
Zen Car’s main partners are:
- e-colibri: car-sharing software;
- Interparking: 16 free places (with sockets) in 8 Brussels car parks;
- Redevco (Carrefour): 3 free parking places;
- Cofinimmo: 5 free parking places;
- BMW: 17 i3 cars;
- (Electrabel: marketing partner for €50,000 for the last 3 years);
- (Daimler Mercedes: 13 free Smart cars for 1 year. The contract ended in December 2014. All the cars have been returned).
Browse other campaigns
The video sales accelerator for Belgian midsize retailers